I'm eagerly awaiting jumping on my plane to head across the pond for the a weeks vacation. I'm excited not just to get away and kick back but also to find new ideas and concepts to bring back home. While what happens organically in Pittsburgh in terms of developments, projects etc is increasingly rising to the occasion; its also just as relevant to import tried and true ideas from other places.
I'm headed to England (London, Cambridge), Portugal (Lisbon & Surrounding Towns) and Paris. In the little research I did (shame on me) for the trip, there are several concepts that have me excited:
- Lisbon's Street/Public Art
- BoxPark, a shipping container 'mall' in Shoreditch, London
- London's Markets...All of them
- The European cafe culture
- Lisbon's hilly topography and its impact on transit/transit options
This being said, I know I will come back floored by ten other things instead of the topics above. With that being said, Europe here we come!